To Participants, families and teachers of Chatham Kiwanis Music Festival
These are interesting times in our world. On the one hand we have people panic-buying and hoarding everything they think they will need for a long isolation period. On the other hand we have people saying this is nothing worse than the common cold.
The government of Ontario has chosen to keep schools closed for two weeks after the March Breakāthe same two weeks as our Chatham Kiwanis Music Festival. The question with which we are faced is whether to cancel our Festival or to go ahead, with appropriate precautions.
As of this date, there are no reported cases of Covid-19 in Chatham-Kent and one Presumptive case in Windsor. That could, and likely will, change over the next two weeks.
Our decision is to cancel the 2020 Chatham Kiwanis Music Festival.
We know that children and teachers have been preparing for the Festival for many months. This decision has not been easy, but we feel that we must be socially responsible. Other Kiwanis Music Festivals across Canada are taking the same steps in order to minimize exposure of our participants, teachers, families, adjudicators and volunteers to a possibly lethal virus.
We will make arrangements to refund entry fees. Details will follow. Please check our website for details: www.chathamkiwanis.com/musicfestival .
Your feedback is welcomed.
George R. Service, Chair,
Chatham Kiwanis Music Festival
View next topic View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum